Monday, May 19, 2014

HOW MANY OF YOU AGREE WITH YENI KUTI?

Good morning peeps! Top of the morning to y'all!

You know, when I said one time that it was quite a task staying married to a traditional Nigerian man, people sent me mails disproving what I said, and as shocking as it may seem, mostly women sent me those mails! Some women even gave reasons why some women deserved to be beaten! Of course, I chose to ignore those mails. I still maintain, there is no partnership in Nigerian marriages.

It also excites me to share with you what the daughter of an Afrobeat star, Yeni Kuti, thinks about marriage. In her own words...

" I am still single because I have lost all interest in marriage and I don’t believe in the institution any more. Nigerian men are too controlling and overbearing for me and I am already set in my ways. Besides, I have been on my own for too long. My major concern is training my daughter.  

I praise married women; I think they are the real stars of this country. Women in their husbands house looking after their husbands and children are amazing especially the ones with nine to-five jobs who come back home tired and still go to the kitchen to cook for their husbands. These are the women that women magazines should be celebrating because they are the real super women".

Thank you Yeni. Not too many Nigerian women agree with you and the reasons shouldn't be far fetched (cultural and religious factors).

Any way, do you guys agree?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chidi, yes I agree with Yeni.
    Most women are not as brave. It's really only the grace of God that keeps any woman in a marriage, Nigerian or not. So let's pray for more grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree a hundred percent with Yeni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree a hundred percent with Yeni!

    ReplyDelete