Wednesday, March 12, 2014

8 YEAR OLD COMMITS SUICIDE

OMG!! This is really heartbreaking! I just read this. This is an issue that needs to be investigated. Please read on...

On Monday, a young 8 year old Nsukka girl has allegedly commited suicide in the bathroom of her family's compound home at Red House Bus Stop, Ofolonu Road, Nsukka, Enugu State.

According to a witness the girls body was found around 3.20 pm hanging from a wood in the bathroom.

He said:"I was surprised because I saw the girl playing with other children when I was going out to buy something from the market. "I wonder what will make an eight-year-old to commit suicide.

"Another thing that surprised me is that the two legs of the child were on the ground, which is not normal when one commits suicide; the legs should be dangling,'' she said.

The police meanwhile has been urged to investigate the mysterious passing of the child because witness feels that the rope on the child's neck was "not strong enough to kill her, if really she committed suicide''. "I know the police investigation will unravel the real circumstance behind the suspected suicide,'' she said.

The victim's guardian, Mr. David Ajibo, told NAN that the child lived with him, adding that she was the daughter of his brother in-law.

"This girl has been staying with us since her father died. I am shocked as I do not know what to say; only God knows what happened.

"She was hale and hearty when I left the house in the morning, and I wondered what would make a girl of eight to commit suicide,'' he said.

Contacted, Mr Ebere Amarizu, Enugu State Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), confirmed that the girl allegedly hung herself in the bathroom, adding that the police had commenced investigation into the incident.

"The corpse of the deceased is now deposited at the Bishop Shanahan Hospital mortuary in Nsukka,'' he said.

* This matter should be thoroughly investigated. I am not saying it doesn't happen but for an 8year to commit suicide, something grave must have pushed her to do it. The only thing that comes to mind is CHILD ABUSE especially SEXUAL ABUSE!! *

 

No comments:

Post a Comment