Monday, March 3, 2014

LET'S FACE IT...LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH!

Let me start by apologising for my on and off blogging. Please do blame it on my extremely tight and busy schedule. But you know, it's not going to stop me from expressing my thoughts especially when I need and gats to vent!

Everyday, I sit my butt listening to the throes and woes of women, listening to their various versions of how money has affected their marriages in different ways. So, I have reached my verdict: LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH to bring happiness, peace and harmony in marriage.

Let's face it and I implore you to repeat after me...Money is good. Money is great. Money makes our husbands look all sooo 'manly' not to mention 'sexy'! If truth be told, every woman wants to be pampered silly with money. I am yet to meet a wife who will publicly denounce money. Even though I hate to say this, money has a way of making the marriage appear so blissful! *covering my face in shame*

I remember when one-time, I posted stuff on my Facebook wall, "Pure Love = love - money while True Love = love + money" and a lot of my female friends thought I was conceited.

To my fellow 'husbands of wives', the next time or anytime you tell your wives "I love you", please ensure that it is followed by wads of money. No vex. I am telling you guys this because:

- Love alone does not help cook a pot of soup.
- Love alone cannot clothe the wife and kids
-Love alone cannot pay house rent.
-Love alone does not pay school fees

So make una try abeg! God go helep una!

So, my fellow wives, don't ever give up. Have faith. If you feel like your patience is running out due to lack of money in the marriage, intensify your prayers. It is only  prayers that can lead you to the 'PROMISE LAND'  Sorry, did I just hear someone ask if I was already in the promise land. My answer is "Yes". And you know why? Because I am contented with where God has placed me.

May God help us in our journey through our marriages. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment