Saturday, November 30, 2013

NAIJA PARENTS, DO YOU AGREE?


I saw this article while browsing through the internet and thought i should share with you guys.

Five-year-olds who are spanked are more likely to be aggressive and break rules later in elementary school, Today reports. According to a study published in Pediatrics, there was no link between spanking by parents at age 3 and children's later behavior. Howeverkids who were spanked at age 5 were more likely to score lower on vocabulary tests, act out more, and be more aggressive. "We know that spanking doesn't work, we know that yelling doesn't work. Timeout is kind of a mixed bag," says Elizabeth Gershoff, a researcher at the University of Texas at Austin. However, "We know that reasoning does work," she says.

If truth be told, there are some children that are soooo stubborn as in they no dey hear word. If you don't 'touch' their body, they will remain stubborn! Meanwhile, ever heard the word "Spare the rod and Spoil the child"...

Talking is good and too much beating is not good. Therefore, a mixture of both is not a bad idea sha but more of talking (with a dash of abuse, lol!). Me, I want the type of child that will understand my English language, body language and sign language sef! If not, it will 'rain' on that child O!

I always thought that if one beats a child too much, the child will end up being hard and wicked! I don't know about the 'aggressive' part!

3 comments:

  1. Abeg forget dat thing.I go beat shege comot from ur body if u mess up.I was beaten good and I turned out good if I may say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abeg forget dat thing.I go beat shege comot from ur body if u mess up.I was beaten good and I turned out good if I may say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that disciplining your children (not necessarily flogging) even before the age of five will save you a world of pain

    ReplyDelete