Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TALK ABOUT 'DEATH' WITH 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!



I mean...who wishes to have this sort of conversation with her own daughter talkless of a 5yr-old!! I am supposed to be talking about the birds, the trees and other beautiful things created by God, but No! It had to be about death!

My daughter woke up this morning and sprawled lazily on my bed (since she has refused to leave my bed!), the conversation started:

Daughter: Mummy, I would like to see Jesus.
Me: (shocked and pausing for a moment)...Well you only get to see Jesus when you die. And you are not dying now.
Daughter: But I want to see Jesus now!
Me: Look sweetheart, I bet Jesus doesn't want to see you...at least not now! He will probably love to see you in your very old age, same as us too.
Daughter: ok
Me: Hey...but you can see Jesus in each and everyone of us because He lives in us.
Daughter: When Grandpa died and he went to heaven, did he see Jesus?
Me: Yes, I am pretty sure he did. He is now an angel.
Daughter: Hmmm. Was he sick?
Me: Yes
Daughter: Then why didn't he go to the hospital?
Me: He did. But God called him and he had to answer. When God calls you, you have to leave whatever you are doing and answer His call.
Daughter: Hmmm. Ok!

And the conversation ended. Phew! I didn't see that coming! Well...this must be a Reality Check! We are all going to die one day sha.

No comments:

Post a Comment