Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CELEBRATING THE AFRICAN CHILD



Me with the Founder, HACCI
Wow! So this week has been like C-R-A-Z-Y! One event after another. You got that right...I am trying to apologise for my unavoidable absence! LOL! I've missed you guys too but you see a chic has got to do what she got to do na!
One of the events I got caught up in was the Celebration of The African Child which was celebrated at the National Stadium yesterday, 16th June, 2014. I was seriously honoured to be a key Speaker at the event in which I presented a paper on "Sexual Abuse and The Community".
And some of you who know me well, know I am seriously passionate about issues such as these! So trust na, I seized the opportunity to 'go to town' on 'Child Abuse' in general and how the African Child has been seriously affected by this social ill. I talked about other forms of child abuse: Physical abuse, Emotional abuse and Child Neglect.

I was touched to know that most kids in attendance were or have been affected by one form of abuse or the other as they were allowed the opportunity to speak out. In the end, tips were given on how they could protect themselves and how members of the community can join in the fight to protect our young ones. Of course, great emphasis was placed on #BringBackOurGirls

The event, which was a huge success, was under the distinguished Chairmanship of the Chairman Itire/Ikate LCDA, Hon. Hakeem Adisa Bamgbola and the Special Guest of Honour, Commissioner for Youth/Sport and Social Dev., Hon Enitan Oshodi.

Various Organisations were in attendance:
- ASTRAH Initiative (Awareness and Skills Training on Adolescent Health)
-HACCI (Hope Alive Child Care Initiative)
- ACEP (Association for Childhood Education Practitioners)
-ACF (Arms of Comfort Foundation)
-HFFPD (Humanity Family Foundation for Peace and Development)
-CERF (Children Emergency Relief Foundation)
- African Child Eduright
- Good Living Initiative
- Arise Initiative
- Haggai Fondation
- Healing Heart Foundation

I took the shot, so you can't possibly see me!
Dance Presentation by African Children 
A Cross-Section of some of the schools that participated
Na me O! #PoseofLife

So, you see your girl has been working.

FYI, today is my birthday, so there is plenty time or room for cash or kind! *Hehehe* No dulling please.

No comments:

Post a Comment