Monday, February 24, 2014

ARE YOU A BORING WIFE?

I think the reasons are becoming clearer why some women are miserable in their marriages! See, I don't expect you (you know ya sef) to agree with me. I don't have a perfect marriage, who does anyway?!

I had an encounter with a friend who hadn't seen me since the beginning of this year and the first thing she says to me in distaste, "What?! You have a nose ring!" and then shakes her head and continues,"You have changed. You are now a bad girl!" (Like I ever pretended to be a good girl in the first place) I was taken aback for a few seconds, not knowing how to reply to that without hurting her feelings (I trust my untamed tongue). She then asked me one final question that left me 'tragically' nauseated,"What did your husband think about it?!" This last question/statement kept replaying in my head...until I had an answer for her.

How does my nose ring affect my role as a wife and a mother? I wasn't aware a wife had to take permission from her husband to do anything that brings her joy as long as it doesn't affect her roles. If a husband wanted to have a fling (assuming it's what brings him joy), would he take permission from his wife knowing fully well what the answer would be? I feel sorry for women like my friend who live in their husbands' shadow. Our husbands are not the ones that cage us so to speak (especially in areas that they find beneficial). WE are the ones that confine ourselves to marital slavery! As soon as we tie the knots, we think we are expected to act in certain ways or speak in certain ways.

If truth be told, most Nigerian wives are DEAD and DOWNRIGHT B-O-R-I-N-G!! They give all sorts of excuses for not having fun: from kids to husband to church, etc! And if truth be told, most Nigerian men would not want anything that makes their wives appealing to other men, that's invasion of territory. They would rather have a m-u-m-u wife at home and have a 'maheeda' as a girlfriend. So my question for my fellow naija wives, "Why can't you be m-u-m-u/maheeda at the same time?!" Besides, you are the one that is 'legal'. Haven't you noticed that some muslim brothers who are supposedly devout and who insist that their wivers cover are the ones that are chronic womanisers...I have some as friends! Let's not even go far #COZApastortinz!

You can now see why some wives be like beefing you, because you are living a life they wished they had but do not know how to go about it. They don't just have the guts. They end up being hypocrites, criticizing everything you do. Meanwhile, they want it. Until we start learning to do the things we absolutely love, we will always remain miserable. According to Simon Cowell, "Marriage is a boring routine"...Yes, because of the way most Nigerian women live it!

I don't want to live a life of  "I wish I had..." or "If only..."  Men love exciting and unpredictable women (who are also God-fearing). I want to be whatever my husband wants or wishes me to be! I want to be an 'Anita Oyakhilome' and a 'Cossy Orjiakor' all rolled in one for my hussy. So please don't judge me!

HINT/WORD OF ADVICE: If you know you are the 'scarf-wearing' type of wife in the house, please do a turn around, at least for one day...try wearing bum-shorts just for once around the house especially for your 'bible-holding' type of husband and see if you guys won't be singing a different type of 'hymn'!
Take your sex life off the timetable too while you are at it!

'Nuff said...LIVE LIFE! LOVE LIFE!

Hate me now and love me later. *blowing kisses*

1 comment: