Friday, February 28, 2014

MEN...CONFUSED BEINGS!

Na wah O! I need to confirm from my fellow colleagues out there what I am about to write about...Men, our husbands being confused about what they want to eat!

I don't and can't understand how full grown men can't say what type of meal they want. I know there are some men who eat whatever they are served by their wives and some who call their wives the minute they leave the office and start listing 'orisirisi' types of meal.

Now, the irony of this is that these same men, are able to say what they want when they go to restaurants! When you call them before they get home and ask them what they would like to have for lunch or dinner, check out how the conversation may go:
Wife: "Sugapie, what would you like to have for lunch?" \
Husband: "Lunch ke? I am not coming home anytime soon!"
Wife (not willing to give up continues): Ok...so, what would you like for dinner then?
Husband: But I just finished lunch!
Wife: Ok, no wahala. I just want to know so that I prepare ahead of time. What do you think you might want to eat sha?
Husband: I can't really think now on a full stomach. When I get home or better still anything you prepare will be fine.

Wife, feeling really 'wifely' prepares a sumptuous dish of boiled yam and egg stew, garnished with beans. Husband returns and the conversation goes thus:
Husband: Iya, what's for dinner?
Wife: Yam and egg stew with beans.
Husband: Ah, no O! Why didn't you ask me before making that?
Wife (stunned): Excuse me?! Was it not you that I called a few hours ago to ask what you wanted and you said anything was fine by you?!
Husband: I don't like yam because it makes me feel heavy at night and beans gives me heartburn especially at night.
Wife (getting exasperated): Ok, no problem? What would you like to eat then?
Husband: What do you have in mind?...

For real?! Guys, common! Why can't you make things easy for your wife? You can try calling her to tell her what you want. Just ask and it shall be prepared for you.

1 comment:

  1. A man's view:
    The. Real reason why we do not want to be specific is that we don't want to set "high jump" for you. Whatever you cook is fine really. Of course, as a loving wife, you should know our allergies and dislikes by now right? *wink*

    ReplyDelete