Tuesday, October 7, 2014

MY SON HAS IMPREGNATED MY 15 YEAR OLD WARD

Good morning peeps...

It's not everyday one gets mails like this and it really hurts when one does. I have a son who is fast growing up in every sense of the word and it's things like this that scare the hell out of me from hiring helps. Even if it is not your son making advances, it could be the maid on a mission to disvirgin him!

Dear NHW,

I am writing you this letter with so much sadness in my heart. You know me because we work in the same place. Please keep up with the good work that you are doing, God will continue to guide you.

My son who just graduated from University and awaiting his NYSC call up letter, has just impregnated my ward who is only 15 years old.

I took this my girl in when she was 10 years old. Her mother entrusted her in my care, hoping that I will provide her the necessary education.  Now see, I am so ashamed. How could I have missed the signs? I didn't raise my boys this way. My husband is not even helping matters, He keeps putting the blame on me. When this relationship started I didn't know. All the gifts and affection he was showering her with all that time, I should have known.

My son is 22 years old and is far from settling down. I don't even want him to get married now. My ward is about 3 months gone in pregnancy, so an abortion is completely out of it.

I want you to use this as a medium to advise other mothers like me who have young girls and older sons under the same roof to be very vigilant. That's all I have to say. I have no choice but to keep the child, it shares my blood.

*Eeyah, sorry ma! But I think, behind every disappoint, we should still count our blessings. Nobody prays to find themselves too early in a situation that will eventually happen. But it's a cross you have to embrace with the love of God. Abortion is never a way out since nobody knows tomorrow.

At the same time, Congrats Ma! A lot of people would die to be in your place...so take heart! Don't maltreat the girl sha, just embrace her as your daughter*

2 comments:

  1. Grandma 👵 don come be dat o.Congratulations sadly your sons education won't stop so brace up and take care of the girl Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sad. How vigilant can one be? I think the most important thing is to keep drumming it in their heads that there are some no go areas - similar to what we would say about stealing! Family and helps are no go areas; sex is a no go area till you are married and stuff. Of course, the power of prayer cannot be overemphasized.
    Dear woman, take heart, all things work out for the best for those that love God and according to his purpose

    ReplyDelete